The key to winning a Dr. Willard Thompson Scholarship is a clear, concise communications plan.
The following are some things to consider while completing your entry:
• Follow the objective, approach and deliverables format for your plan.
• Before writing your press release, try to ask yourself what the key messages are.
• Ask someone to read through your plan and deliverables
(preferably someone outside your major) to look for spelling and grammatical errors.
• Format your plan and deliverables so they are easy to read—
consider adding section headlines and bullet points.
• Think about your target audience and how to reach them.
• Ask for help. If you don’t really understand something on the application,
ask a professor or call a Minnesota PRSA Student Relations committee member.
Managing and completing your scholarship application doesn’t need to be overwhelming. In fact, it can be a breeze if managed in sections.
Try following the suggested timing below to make it easier on yourself and those who might offer help. Remember, there’s $2,000 on the line!