Minnesota PRSA Installs 2020 Board of Directors
Professional development, building connections and refreshing and introducing the chapter’s strategic plan are key 2020 focus areas
MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 23, 2020 – The Minnesota chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) formally kicks off 2020 announcing its newly-elected and returning members of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
Building on its history of strong leadership and through its programs and services, Minnesota PRSA
promotes engagement among its members at every stage of their careers with the knowledge, resources and connections to achieve professional excellence. It also focuses on driving ethical and strategic outcomes while advocating for the profession.
President Dan Hauser, APR, who serves as director of communication, education and events at the Minnesota Medical Association, will lead the nearly 300 members of the Minnesota PRSA chapter comprising corporate, agency, independent, non-profit and government public relations practitioners from Minnesota, the Dakotas and western Wisconsin. The Minnesota Chapter also serves as the advisory organization for the nine Public Relations Student Society of American (PRSSA) student organizations within the region, including the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, the University of St. Thomas and University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
In addition to robust year-long programming and an update of its strategic plan, Minnesota PRSA will also build on the initiatives launched by Marsha Pitts-Phillips, the first full-voting, Board-level Diversity and Inclusion Officer to serve as part of the chapter’s Executive Committee. She, alongside all Board members, will continue raising visibility and awareness of diversity and inclusion, and infuse partnership, education and engagement across Minnesota PRSA events, services and programs.
The chapter’s 2020 leadership consists of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors as follows:
• President – Dan Hauser, APR, Minnesota Medical Association
• President-Elect – Jennifer Bagdade, APR, PR UNSPUN, LLC
• Treasurer/Secretary – Dave Neuger, APR, Neuger Communications Group
• Ethics Officer – Brooke Worden, APR, Weber Shandwick
• Diversity and Inclusion Officer – Marsha Pitts-Phillips, MRPP & Associates Communications, LLC
• Immediate Past President – Gregory J. Zimprich, APR, Fellow PRSA, Medtronic
Board of Directors
• Membership Committee – Bianca Jones, Best Buy
• Accreditation Committee – Jacqueline A. Smith, APR, City of St. Louis Park
• Classic and Awards – Joan O’Fallon, APR, Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative
• Diversity and Inclusion – Marsha Pitts-Phillips, MRPP & Associates Communications, LLC
• Professional Development Committee – Jake Sturgis, APR, Captivate Media + Consulting
• Student Relations Committee – Emily Finley, APR, Marvin
• Career Center Committee – Alyssa Augustine, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
• Communications Committee – Ayme Zemke, APR, Beehive Strategic Communication
About Minnesota PRSA
Minnesota PRSA is the ninth-largest chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals with nearly 32,000 professional and student members. A strong, active part of Minnesota’s communications community since 1953, Minnesota PRSA’s membership is comprised of nearly 300 corporate, agency, independent, non-profit and government public relations professionals from Minnesota, the Dakotas and western Wisconsin. Through its programs and services, Minnesota PRSA delivers on its mission of engaging members at every stage of their careers with the knowledge, resources and connections to achieve professional excellence, drive ethical and strategic outcomes, and advocate for the profession.