On Friday, June 5th, Minnesota PRSA and The Hubbard School at the University of Minnesota co-sponsored an important panel discussion focused on the roles and responsibilities of media and PR professionals during a crisis. Thank you to Minnesota PRSA members Marsha Pitts-Phillips and Tom Jollie, for serving as panelists. If you missed it, would like to see it again or want to share it, the conversation can be viewed below in its entirety.
Ethical Public Relations, Press Conferences, and Public Engagement During Crisis (co-sponsored by The Hubbard School at the University of Minnesota Minnesota PRSA)
Recorded on Friday, June 5, 2020
What roles do press conferences and public relations play during a crisis?
- Amy O’Connor, Associate Professor
- Stacey Kanihan, Associate Professor of Strategic Communication and Academic Director of the Professional MA Program in Strategic Communication
- Marsha Pitts-Phillips, President & Founder, MRPP & Associates Communications, member of Twin Cities Black Journalists (TCBJ), Diversity and Inclusion Officer for Minnesota PRSA and Hubbard School Diversity Fellow
- Stan Alleyne, Chief Communications Officer, Vitals Aware Services
- Tom Jollie, Senior Vice President, Padilla and past president of Minnesota PRSA
- Alberto Monserrate, Co-Founder CEO, NewPublica