Media Contact: Ayme Zemke
2021 focus areas include professional growth, connection-building, diversity and inclusion, and industry ethics and excellence.
MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 26, 2021 – The Minnesota chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) formally kicks off 2021 announcing its newly elected and returning members of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
Building on its history of strong leadership and through its programs and services, Minnesota PRSA
promotes engagement among its members at every stage of their careers with the knowledge, resources and connections to achieve professional excellence. It also focuses on driving ethical and strategic outcomes while advocating for the profession.
Jennifer Bagdade, APR, president and owner of PR UNSPUN, LLC, begins her one-year term as Minnesota PRSA president and will lead chapter members which include corporate, agency, independent, non-profit and government public relations practitioners from Minnesota, the Dakotas and western Wisconsin.
“I’m humbled to lead our Chapter, serve our community and continue advancing our key initiatives,” said Bagdade. “Together, we will work to fulfill Minnesota PRSA’s mission and enact our new strategic plan to model excellence in public relations and communications, diversify our networks, support our members to help them advance their careers and model effective governance, leadership and fiduciary responsibility.”
The chapter’s 2021 leadership consists of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors as follows:
- President – Jennifer Bagdade, APR, Principal, PR UNSPUN, LLC
- President-Elect – Dave Neuger, APR, Neuger
- Treasurer/Secretary – Ben Saukko, APR, Director of Communication, Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Ethics Officer – Candee Wolf, APR, Founder & Principal, Wolf Olson Communications
- Diversity and Inclusion Officer – Marsha Pitts-Phillips, MRPP & Associates Communications, LLC
- Immediate Past President – Dan Hauser, APR, Minnesota Medical Association
Board of Directors
- Membership Committee – Bianca Jones, Best Buy
- Accreditation Committee – Carolyn Will, APR, Principal & Owner, CW Marketing & Communications
- Classic and Awards – Joan O’Fallon, APR, Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative
- Diversity and Inclusion – Marsha Pitts-Phillips, MRPP & Associates Communications, LLC
- Professional Development Committee – Jake Sturgis, APR, Captivate Media + Consulting
- Student Relations Committee – Emily Finley, APR, Marvin
- Career Center Committee – Alyssa Augustine, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Communications Committee – Ayme Zemke, APR, Beehive Strategic Communication
About Minnesota PRSA
Minnesota PRSA is the 16th-largest chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals with nearly 30,000 professional and student members. A strong, active part of Minnesota’s communications community since 1953, Minnesota PRSA’s membership is comprised of corporate, agency, independent, non-profit and government public relations professionals from Minnesota, the Dakotas and western Wisconsin. Through its programs and services, Minnesota PRSA delivers on its mission of engaging members at every stage of their careers with the knowledge, resources and connections to achieve professional excellence, drive ethical and strategic outcomes, and advocate for the profession. Learn more at www.minnesotaprsa.org